- This event has passed.
NEW Webinar: Innovating in your communication: WhatsApp for connecting with Spanish speaking communities
May 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
A free 45 minute training on why you should be connecting with Spanish speaking communities and creating strong relationships using WhatsApp, the #1 messaging app in the world.
WHEN: May 26th, 10am 11am PT (1pm-2pm ET) 2020
WHERE: Register here
Have you ever thought about diversifying your donor base? Are you innovating in the way you communicate with culturally diverse audiences? Are you effectively reaching out to Spanish speaking communities?
WhatsApp has more than 2 billion users worldwide and it’s the top messaging app in more than 130 countries (Source: 2019 Hootsuite report). In the US, WhatsApp is mainly used by Spanish speaking communities, so If you’re working with these communities or are planning to expand your reach (I hope so!), you need to start innovating in your communication methods. As the world is turning towards more and better online communication, you cannot be left behind using only emails and newsletters.
Right now, many of us are forced us to stay home, but that doesn’t mean we can’t create connections and build strong relationships. This is the perfect time to come up with original ideas that can strengthen your strategy and unlock new communication channels with donors, beneficiaries, board members, and volunteers from Spanish speaking communities.
This training will give you all the tools you need to start including new audiences and strategies in your communication and outreach.
By the end of this training you will learn:
- How to successfully include Spanish speaking communities in your communication
- How to overcome biases and assumptions when working with Spanish speaking communities
- Why WhatsApp use is increasing in nonprofit communications
- The main uses of WhatsApp for nonprofits
- Advanced tips on how to use WhatsApp groups and broadcasts effectively
- The secrets skills I used to effectively connect with team members and potential donors throughout Brazil, Colombia and other parts of South America.
- The training slides
- Checklist for using WhatsApp effectively for nonprofit communication
- Free 30 minute call with me
Join us on Tuesday May 26th as we explore how to take the next step in your communication strategies and reach new audiences. The future of funding is innovation and community, don’t miss your chance!
About the presenter:
Naira Bonilla is a communication consultant that brings a unique cross-cultural perspective to the world of fundraising and communication. She has more than 5 years of experience working in communication and fundraising roles for international organizations such as The Nature Conservancy and Climate Focus.
She has lived and worked in Colombia, the United States, France, Egypt, United Kingdom, and Spain, and speaks 4 languages. This has given her a deep cultural perspective of communications in the nonprofit sector. She has also worked in rural areas across Latin America, and has used innovative tools like WhatsApp, podcasts, memes, videos and social media to reach donors, project beneficiaries and supporters.
Naira can help you with:
- Understanding and communicating with diverse communities
- Using storytelling to personalize your messages
- Using different online tools to improve your communication and outreach strategies