Does this describe last year’s annual report?
Your pictures of your cause are tiny, out-of-focus, or just plain amateurish.
You don’t have a list of your donors, or worse, you do but you don’t highlight a donor and why they give.
And then you put it out as a pdf, instead of making it a real print annual report.
Or maybe you have it on your site and someone tries to look at it on their phone and it’s just… unreadable.
In short, there is NOTHING compelling about your annual report, and only the most generous and forgiving donor could ever see anything worth giving to… giving IN SPITE of your annual report, not because of it.
I know what it’s like to make an annual report like that. I made one like that myself, before I knew better. Here’s the cover.
Isn’t it awful? I took a picture of the agency brochure, and then put it on the cover of the annual report. Oh, plus? I put STAMPS all over it. FOR NO REASON! Just as a “design element!” It was ridiculous. People actually laughed at it when they saw it.
That wasn’t the reaction I wanted. So I got better at making annual reports. Now for the last several years, I’ve been helping people create better annual reports for their nonprofits.
If your annual report last year wasn’t making you money or didn’t serve you well enough as a marketing tool, how do you turn this around?
By investing in training so your nonprofit annual report will look better this year!
- You finally get to learn how to do professional looking infographics!
- Your fonts make you look MORE professional, not less
- Your whole annual report has a donor-centric feel, which makes donors read all the way to the end.
- You actually make money with your annual report.
Wouldn’t you like to have an annual report like that? If so, then here’s what I want to teach you in the Advanced Annual Report Masterclass.
Join us for the 2016 Annual Report 3 Masterclass series!
Annual Report Design Basics: Tuesday June 7th, 1pm-2pm PT (4pm-5pm ET)
Fundraising with Annual Reports: Thursday June 9th 1pm-2pm PT (4pm-5pm ET)
Advanced Annual Report Design Trends: Monday June 13th, 2016 1pm-2pm PT (4pm-5pm ET)
(All recordings available for registrants)
PLUS: This masterclass series includes a wonderful chance to get your annual report reviewed and critiqued by Mazarine Treyz, to help you look like you hired a designer- and help you get higher numbers of donors and higher donation amounts! (Worth $500!)
Early bird price: Only $197! (Rising to $297 after June 4th)
We only offer this masterclass once a year. This is your only chance this year to help your nonprofit look better to donors, funders and stakeholders with your annual report, and make more with your appeal!
Just 20 seats at this masterclass, it will sell out fast!
This masterclass series includes
- Fresh design ideas for 2016, to help you look like you hired a designer
- An in-depth look at how one nonprofit made over goal, got new donors and higher donation amounts with their appeal and annual report combination in 2015!
- New examples of how to make your financials fun
- Fun ways to make your online annual report more engaging
- And MORE!
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016, 1pm-2pm PT (4pm-5pm ET) : Annual Report Design Basics
In the first masterclass you will learn:
- Typography and what it says about your nonprofit
- Graphic design tips to help you look like you hired a designer (even if you didn’t!)
- Designing annual reports from a fundraising perspective
- What to include and what to leave out in your annual report
- Graphic design resources and inspiration
Thursday June 9th, 2016 1pm-2pm PT (4pm-5pm ET): Supercharge Your Fundraising with Your Annual Report
In the second masterclass you’ll learn:
- How can you make your annual report work for your fundraising?
- Getting more major donors through making financial transparency fun
- Helping donors see themselves in your story with your annual report
- Where should you put your online report?
- Design essentials for your online annual report
- Resources for creating snazzy pictures and infographics for your nonprofit
- How to get more event sponsorships through your annual report
- How to get your annual report printed for cheap or free
Monday June 13th, 2016 1pm-2pm PT (4pm-5pm ET): Advanced Annual Report Design Trends 2016
In the third and final presentation you will learn:
- 2016 Dynamic Cover Trends
- 2016 Fascinating Typography Trends
- 2016 Graphic design Trends for Canada, the US, UK and more!
- Fundraising Campaign Timeline for Annual Reports (How to plan your fundraising around your annual report)
- Advanced: What to include and what to leave out in your appeal after sending an annual report
- Online Nonprofit Annual Report Trends for 2016
- MORE Annual Report Design inspiration
These classes will be small and personalized. Each student will be encouraged to send in their previous year’s annual report, or the one they’re currently working on, for review and critique.
We want to help you look the best you can and get the most donations possible!
That’s why we’re limiting this class to just 20 people, so you can get the personalized attention you deserve.
Each one of these classes alone is worth over $100, but you can have all three for the early bird price of just $197!
NEW! Bonus Materials:
- Free Photo Resources
- Checklist Picking a strong cover image for your annual report
- List of places to find nonprofit annual report examples
- Three presentation Recordings
- ALL Presentation Slides
- Presenter notes
This masterclass series can help your nonprofit
- Look professional in the community,
- Make your donors trust you more,
- Make donors want to give more, and
- Make your sponsors and foundations proud to be a part of your mission!
Register here and get the earlybird price of just $197 until June 4th!
What are people saying about this masterclass series?
“That was a wonderful presentation, extremely valuable. As a first time annual report maker I learned so many tips to keep in mind while making this first one and ideas for the future. Mazarine explained the material clearly and very well organized. The information about the donor portion of the annual report is something I will definitely take away. My organization has not included anything but lists of donors but the presentation made me realize the importance of adding the donor experience.” –Laura Staley, DePaul Treatment Centers, Portland, Oregon
“Mazarine was very helpful and this presentation was extremely valuable. I enjoyed that she used some of her own projects to explain the good and the bad. I learned some of the key items to include in the annual report, as well as those items that we tend to think should be included, but really just take up valuable space. ” –Leni Corbett, Jesuit Academy, Omaha, NE
“She was great. I found this presentation extremely valuable and I would recommend it to others. Very informative. Can’t wait to pass information along to my boss.” –Phillip Bloch, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
“Mazarine Treyz was clear, concise, enthusiastic and approachable. I learned a lot about how important planning is, not just doing your reports like they`ve always been done. Establishing standards. Rethinking what you want to get across. And displaying things visually that are more engaging and diverting!” I found her presentation extremely useful and would highly recommend this presentation to others. -Jessica Perkins, Canada
“Mazarine did an excellent job of communicating the right way, and the wrong way, of doing things. I loved that she used concrete examples for readability. I learned the importance of compiling information throughout the year so as not to get caught at the deadline. And I loved her tips for using report as a fundraising tool, as well as her tangible suggestions for resources. Well done.” –Barth Gillan, Zeta Psi Fraternity of North America, Montreal, Canada
About the Presenter:
Mazarine Treyz is the author of The Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising, and founder of WildWomanFundraising.com, a popular fundraising resource with 50,000 monthly readers. Her second book is The Wild Woman’s Guide to Social Media, published 2012, given a 5 star rating by Nonprofit.About.com. Her latest book, Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide, was given a 5 star review by Nonprofit.About.com.
Ms. Treyz has co-founded a nonprofit and worked in fundraising roles for 10 years. She’s raised millions for small, national and international charities via grants, events, sponsorships, crowdfunding, appeals and more.
She lives in Portland, Oregon, where she loves biking, reading, writing, superslow exercise, and drinking the finest teas. She travels to speak on various fundraising and nonprofit leadership topics all over the world.
Trusted by Associations including:
Trusted by Corporations including:
Trusted by National Nonprofits including:
Trusted by Government including:
Speaking Engagements and Partnerships include:
- Association of Donor Relations Professionals (2016)
- Nonprofit Hub (2016)
- Charity Village (2016)
- Mid Valley Development Officers (2016)
- West Side Development Corporation (2016)
- Kitsap Center for Nonprofit Excellence (2016)
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Chicago (2016)
- United States Olympic Committee (2015)
- National Fundraising Convention, Institute of Fundraising, UK (2015)
- Birds Caribbean, Jamaica (2015)
- Network for Good (2015)
- Greater Giving (2015)
- Meals on Wheels National (2012-2015)
- Downs Syndrome Affiliates in Action (2013-2015)
- (And many more!)