Managing your team is tough enough but managing up can be even tougher. Whether you have a micromanager or a “hands off” leader, your ability to manage up effectively can make the difference between a dream job and a nightmare.
As a fundraiser, having a manager that “get it” is the goal. But If your boss is in the camp of "I don't need to know how to fundraise, that's why I hired YOU!” They still have to understand some key things about your job. Take it from me! I've been there! And it can be frustrating. That’s why you need to manage up -- effectively.
With this new webinar, we're going to help you feel confident about managing up.
We're going to learn:
1. The most effective ways to communicate with your boss
2. How to ask questions that help you understand their “real” priorities
4. Flexing your strengths to get results (and build better relationships)
5. Figuring out what your boss can do to help you be an effective fundraiser-how they can support
Join us for this comprehensive 60 minute webinar, where you'll have a chance to ask all of your questions, and learn tools to help you manage up and get the support you need to be successful.
For a modest investment, YOU can join us!
PLUS You'll Get all of these bonus materials:
0. The different ways your boss might communicate- how to use them to your advantage
1. Interview for teaching your boss about fundraising
2. Template for tracking your progress each month-so no surprises
3. Key questions to ask that can help you communicate better with your boss!
For the last 10 years, Mazarine Treyz has coached hundreds of people in how to get better jobs, including resumes, cover letters, interview skills, salary negotiation, and running 4 online career conferences, and 2 job fairs.
She taught over 16,000 nonprofit professionals how to move on up in their careers. Training people all over the US, Canada, the UK and the Caribbean, she has worked with board members, executive directors, founders, CEOs, program staff, and development staff to help people understand advanced fundraising methods. With her training, people have raised millions for their organizations.
She is the author of numerous books and over 10 e-courses on fundraising. Mazarine Treyz has a popular blog, Wild Woman Fundraising, with 50,000 monthly readers.