Today we are interviewing Tanya M. Odom about creating inclusive workplaces. We asked her these questions:
1. Tanya, what is the Research on unconscious bias?
2. Why do mission driven organizations have unique challenges with unconscious bias?
3. What is systemic analysis and why is it so important?
4. What are Microaggressions?
5. What is the Impact of Microaggressions?
6. What is the connection between unconscious bias and microaggressions?
7. What is the research on Belonging telling us?
8. We go into nonprofit spaces, and the spaces are not created for different kinds of groups- we become targets because of systems of inequity. What can we do to address inequity?
9. How do people internalize microaggressions?
10. Bringing it back home- If you are the target of microaggressions- if you notice a microaggression but you are not the target
11. What are micro-affirmations and how can you practice them?
Who is Tanya M. Odom?
She has worked globally for over 20 years, in over 40 countries, as a consultant, coach, storyteller, and facilitator focusing on areas including: Diversity and Inclusion, Inclusive Leadership, Race/Racism, Gender Equity, Challenging Conversations, Mindfulness, Coaching, Wellbeing, Innovation and Creativity, and Educational Equity.