Have you ever wished there was a clear blueprint for your career success? Are you stuck in a job with no upward mobility?
You’ve waited long enough. Why settle for your current title and wage for the next two years when you can have a better title and more money in a new job?
It’s hard to find useful nonprofit career advice.
Many people just say “Stick with it! You’ll be rewarded!”
But according to the Bridgespan Group, most nonprofit staff are NOT being groomed for leadership, and only 33% of the time do people from inside the nonprofit even attempt to fill senior leadership level positions.
In this hands-on, how-to session by the author of Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide, you will get advice and materials that are easy to use and created especially for you, the busy fundraising professional. We’ll make it easy for you to succeed in your search.
During this session, in practical hands-on training, we’ll cover the essential steps you can follow to help you get that job AND feel secure in your new role. We’ll answer all of these questions and more:
- How can you never miss a job posting, ever again?
- How can you create a compelling cover letter that gets results?
- How can you relate unrelated experience on your resume?
- How to ask good interview questions to find out if your boss will be a bully?
- How to talk about your accomplishments without bragging?
- How to answer the tough interview questions?
- What is successful followup etiquette?
- How can you dominate LinkedIn and really work your profile?
- What are some of the best ways to step into leadership roles at nonprofits?
- How can you deal with new job overwhelm AND get it all done?
- What are the three conversations you MUST have with your boss to be successful?
- How can you gather a team of people around you to help you achieve your goals?
- How can you successfully negotiate for a higher nonprofit salary?
- How to get recognition for your accomplishments?
- How can you get more responsibility and learning opportunities at your job?
- BONUS: Real Case Studies of how people moved on up in their careers
NEW! The following bonus materials are included with this session:
- Worksheet to help you really shine in your interview
- Sample Cover Letter
- Sample 3 month review
- Cheat-sheet of good questions to take to your next interview
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- A full list of national websites where you can find nonprofit jobs
- E-Article: Getting that Nonprofit Job & You’ve Got the Job, Now What?
Let this session show you the right way to secure an early win. This workshop provides sound advice on must-do tasks for your first days on the job, and guides you every step of the way through the interview, as well as assists you through your first meetings with your new boss. Whether you’re looking to make that next lateral move for a fundraising job, or you simply want to communicate better with your boss and co-workers, this workshop will help you. Intrigued? Join us!
Step-By-Step Live Demonstration:
During this session, we will go through how to set up RSS feeds for jobs in real-time, learn how to talk about your accomplishments with real-life examples, how to show your accomplishments when your measurements can’t be dollars raised, and go over key conversations you need to have with your boss step by step.
Praise for this Presentation by Mazarine Treyz:
“I enjoyed Mazarine’s Moving Up In Your Nonprofit Career workshop. The worksheets are a great resource, I used the “Cheat Sheet” at an interview this Friday and left a great impression. Her work is inspiring!” -C. Massillon
“Mazarine helped me find hidden jobs, and I’m using her advice every day! She helped me edit my resume and cover letter, and I got a call back within one week after months of searching! Mazarine led the nonprofit job club with grace and aplomb, always eager to teach people how to succeed in the nonprofit sector. She truly knows what she’s talking about!” -Tonya Pennie, Grantwriter, Children’s Prison Arts Project, Houston, TX
“I attended Mazarine’s Moving On Up Workshop. She did a great job of presenting! Authentic and informative and helpful. I will pass this infomation on to everyone I am in contact with. Thank you Mazarine! -Evelyn Liu, Phoenix Lotus Foundation, Portland, OR
“The most important thing I got out of Mazarine’s presentation was how important it is to network, put yourself out there, be persistent, dedicated, passionate and incorporate new technologies into your job search and life.” -Anonymous from Young Nonprofit Professionals Network, Austin, TX
About the presenter:
Presented by Mazarine Treyz, Author, The Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising and the 5 star rated Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide.
Mazarine Treyz has connected nonprofit jobseekers and employers for over five years, and she has
- Directed successful nonprofit career fairs
- Looked at thousands of resumes
- Coordinated a successful Austin nonprofit job club in 2010
- Connected jobseekers with nonprofit career experts
- Facilitated client job searches resulting in successful jobs in nonprofit and government
- Raised millions for nonprofits
- Moved on up from Development Assistant to Development Director and Development Consultant.
Ms. Treyz has raised over $1M for small nonprofits. She has created the first Fundraising Android Apps and co-founded a nonprofit in 2005. Her blog, https://wildwomanfundraising.com, has over 40,000 monthly readers.