Fundraisers, we have a problem.
According to the 2012 Fundraising Effectiveness report by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, nonprofits, especially small nonprofits, are not keeping their donors.
- For every $100 gained, there was $100 in losses through attrition. Donors simply gave less or stopped giving altogether.
- Not only was fundraising stagnant, the number of donors decreased! For every 100 donors gained in 2011, 107 were lost through attrition.
- Large organizations fared better than small ones. On average, charities that raised more than $500,000 lost $90 for every $100 raised. Those raising between $100,000 and $500,000 lost as much as they gained. And organizations raising $100,000 or less lost $110 for every $100 raised.
If you’re a small nonprofit, this news is scary. Even if you’re a large nonprofit, we need to do better.
How can we convince donors to stay? How can we convince them to keep giving?
You need systems to focus on your donors.
You need a way to track how people interact with your organization, how to move a newcomer into an event attendee, into a volunteer, into a donor, and into monthly gifts and major gifts.
You need time to make donors feel special, to surprise and delight your donors.
You need the time and resources to make your donor stewardship a success.
Because the need is so great, I’ve created a 4 week course to help you not only survive but thrive and keep your donors.
This course will help you keep your donors, and help you pay attention to your most loyal donors and move them up the ladder to becoming major donors.
When you sign up, each week you’ll get an email with key things to focus on for the week. It includes a link to a pdf that you can print out and start to create your stewardship plan. You’ll also get a recorded webinar at a $77 value!
Week 1: The Why
- What is stewardship and why should you care?
- Elements of a good stewardship plan
- How can you build stewardship into every aspect of your fundraising?
- Starting with current donors: Who are your most loyal?
Week 2: E-newsletters & Surveys to keep your donors
- Making Better Donor Relationships through communications
- E-newsletters that help you keep your donors
- Annual reports that help you keep your donors
- Surveys to know your donors and tailor your communications with them.
- Starting a monthly giving program
Week 3: Acknowledgement systems
- Thanking Donors: A Quick System that Works
- What phrases to put into your thank you letters
- The 20 elements of a fantastic thank-you note
- How to Give Offline Experiences for your donors
- Evaluating Your Stewardship Over Time
Week 4: Putting it all together
- What information should you store in your database? What if you don’t have a database?
- Using your communications calendar
- Creating themes for your donor communications
- Sample year end communications for your most loyal donors
- Sample campaign communications to get your donors excited to give
- An analysis of your current communications, including enewsletters, thank you letters, annual reports and website.
When you buy this product, you will be placed on an email list that will email you the product, one week at a time. You will not be placed on any other list, and once the course is over you will get no further emails from us.
What is an E-course?
An e-course is written material, sent to you every week, in a printable format. It will also include a recorded webinar. We created this format so that you can go at your own pace, and fit the e-course into your busy schedule. Do you want to see a sample of this course? Here’s a sample of the e-course.
Is it live?
One person asked, is it a live webinar that I’ll need to login to attend? It is not a live webinar. Because of everyone’s busy schedules, we are making this e-course of written material, plus a recorded webinar, so that you can learn this information exactly when it is convenient for you.
How long will the course take me to complete?
The course will take roughly 2 hours a week. There’s also a recorded webinar that may take a little more time.
Will there be printable materials?
Yes! Every week you will get an email with an attached pdf that you can print and put into a binder.
Will there be any opportunities to ask questions?
Absolutely! You can email me unlimited emails for the duration of the course.
Will there be practice exercises to complete?
Yes, there will be practice exercises to complete. I include worksheets and templates in all of my webinars and e-courses. I believe that if you apply your learning instantly, then it sticks!
Is there a money-back guarantee?
YES! If you are not satisfied for any reason, I offer a 60 day money-back guarantee.
About the teacher:
Mazarine Treyz, BA, (Bard College), is the author of the popular Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising. Her book was named as one of the Top 10 books of 2010 by Beth Kanter, CEO of Zoetica and author of The Networked Nonprofit.
In 2003 Mazarine wrote her first grants for Indonesian nonprofit Yayasan Emmanuel. In 2005 she co-founded a nonprofit called “The Moon Balloon Project” on the south shore of Boston, MA. Since that time she has raised over $1M for various local, national, and international nonprofits with appeals, emails, grants, sponsorships, and more.
- The Kitsap Foundation (2016)
- Association of Donor Relations Professionals (2016)
- MidValley Development Professionals (2016)
- National Fundraising Convention, London, UK (2015)
- BirdsCaribbean, Jamaica (2015)
- Bloomerang (2014-2016)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (2014, 2017)
- Blackbaud (2013-2014)
- Volunteermatch.org (2013-2014)
- GuideStar (2013-2014)
- 4Good.org (2014-2016)
- National SBA Small Business Week (2013)
- Oregon SBDC (2013-2014)
- Willamette Valley Development Officers (2013)
- The Scleroderma Foundation National Leadership Conference (2012-2013)
- Meals on Wheels National training seminars and conference (2012-2013)
- University of Portland’s Master’s in Nonprofit Management program (2012)
- And many others.
Ms. Treyz has taught thousands of national and international nonprofits how to fundraise since 2009. Ms. Treyz created the first Fundraising Android Apps in 2010. In 2012 she published The Wild Woman’s Guide to Social Media, which got a 5 star rating from Nonprofit.About.com in 2013. In 2013 she published Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide, which also got a 5 star rating from Nonprofit.About.com.