Wildly Successful Events: How to get sponsorships
A step-by-step guide to raising money via corporate sponsorships
Do you know how much corporations spend per year on sponsorships?
They spend millions.
How do you begin to get access to them?
How do you approach them, anticipate their questions, and make your event irresistible to their marketing or corporate social responsibility department?
This presentation will show you how to make your plan, identify potential sponsors, create sponsorship levels, write your letter, and do impeccable followup to raise more money than you’ve thought possible.
During this 90 minute presentation, in an easy-to-follow process, we’ll cover the essential steps you can follow to take your fundraising event from barely breaking even to raising exponentially more money. We’ll answer all of these questions and more:
- How do you identify which corporations will sponsor you? Who stands to gain? And how do they gain by giving to you?
- Who do you need to talk to at corporations?
- How do you influence corporate decision-makers to sponsor your event?
- How to identify and motivate volunteers to help you acquire sponsorships?
- How much should your sponsorship levels be? What makes sense?
- How do you add value to justify different levels of sponsorship?
- How to create a compelling sponsorship letter that gets results?
- What type of branding exposure do corporations expect?
- What is the proper follow up procedure when communicating with sponsors?
- BONUS: How to make an extra $10,000 at your event.
NEW! The following bonus materials are included with this presentation:
- A sample sponsorship letter that really works!
- A sample event script so your big night goes smoothly. You can modify it and use it for your own event!
- A 4 point step-by-step guide to getting corporate sponsorships.
- A visual process flow document to help you follow the right steps.
- Practice phone call scripts you can modify for your nonprofit. (includes initial contact and follow-up contact.)
Step-By-Step Live Demonstration:
During this presentation, we will learn the fundamentals of building a successful fundraising event. We’ll check out free places to get help with your sponsors, your corporation prospect research, and unusual ways to get sponsors for your big day.
If you like this webinar, you might like the Get A Bigger Sponsorship E-course, a more in-depth look at how to find bigger sponsors for your event.
About the presenter:
Mazarine Treyz has raised over $500,000 in sponsorships for nonprofits, and has taught hundreds of national and international nonprofits how to find new sponsorships since 2011.
Mazarine Treyz, BA, (Bard College), is the author of the popular Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising. Her book was named as one of the Top 10 books of 2010 by Beth Kanter, CEO of Zoetica and author of The Networked Nonprofit.
In 2003 Mazarine wrote her first grants for Indonesian nonprofit Yayasan Emmanuel. In 2005 she co-founded a nonprofit called “The Moon Balloon Project” on the south shore of Boston, MA. Since that time she has raised over $1M for various local, national, and international nonprofits with appeals, emails, grants, sponsorships, and more.
Previous speaking engagements include:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- National Fundraising Convention, IFC, UK
- The United States Olympic Committee
- BirdsCaribbean, Jamaica
- National SBA Small Business Week
- Willamette Valley Development Officers
- The Scleroderma Foundation National Leadership Conference
- Meals on Wheels National training seminars and conference
- University of Portland’s Master’s in Nonprofit Management program
Ms. Treyz has taught thousands of national and international nonprofits how to fundraise since 2009. Ms. Treyz created the first Fundraising Android Apps in 2010. In 2012 she published The Wild Woman’s Guide to Social Media, which got a 5 star rating from Nonprofit.About.com in 2013. In 2013 she published Get the Job! Your Fundraising Career Empowerment Guide, which also got a 5 star rating from Nonprofit.About.com.